Hearing loss and tinnitus are two of the most common conditions experienced by veterans. Coast to Country offer a variety of hearing services for eligible veterans at no cost.
We offer services at no cost to Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA) clients who hold either:
- Veteran Gold Card, or
- Veteran White Card and is being treated for a service-related injury or condition.
The following services are offered at no cost to eligible veterans:
- Tinnitus treatment
- Appointments and tests to determine if their hearing loss is service related
- Hearing devices and support through the Hearing Services Program (HSP)
- Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs) through Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP)
- Other services may also be provided. Please contact us to enquire.
See here for the full range of services we offer.
Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs)
We can offer hearing accessories, referred to as Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs), to veterans with a clinical need through the Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP).
Accessories with DVA funding support we offer include:
- Microphone/FM listening systems,
- Streamers that transmit sound from a mobile phone, tablet or television to a hearing aid.
See here for our range of accessories.
The Tinnitus Program
Mild tinnitus and hearing loss can usually be managed with fully subsidised hearing devices provided under the Hearing Services Program (HSP).
We may be able to provide services under the Tinnitus Program if they:
- Have severe tinnitus, or
- Are not eligible for the HSP.
The Tinnitus Program can arrange for:
- A clinical assessment of tinnitus,
- Scientifically validated treatment provided by an audiologist,
- Specialised counselling such as tinnitus retraining therapy,
- Hearing aids with tinnitus settings and,
- Devices to assist with sleep.
Find out about our tinnitus therapy treatment program.
For more information on the subsidies provided by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs see here.